Heather H. Szajda
Building my own practice as a solo attorney was one of the most rewarding professional accomplishments of my career, but joining Virginia Estate & Trust Law has allowed me to serve my clients as a fiduciary when needed. I also understand the rewards of building your own professional endeavor and the difficulty in transitioning to a new stage, which is why I find helping clients with business succession planning to be so rewarding.
- Admission to the Tax Court, Washington, DC (2001)
- American Bar Association, Member
- Commonwealth Community Trust, Past President and Board Member
- Estate Planning Council of Richmond, Member
- Trust Administrators Council of Richmond, Past President and Member
- University of Richmond Estate Planning Seminar for Professionals, Planning Committee Member
- VBA Virginia Wills for Heroes, Former Co-Chair
- Virginia Bar Association’s Section on Wills, Trusts & Estates, Member
- Virginia State Bar, Past Member, Board of Governors for the Trusts and Estates Section
Prior work experience
- Heather H. Szajda, PLC, solo practice
- Williams Mullen, Associate
- Stein, Sperling, Bennett and DeJong, Associate
Education and recognition
- Georgetown University School of Law, LLM, with distinction
- Wake Forest School of Law, J.D.
- Wake Forest University, B.A., cum laude
- Named to “Legal Elite” (Taxes, Estates and Trusts), Virginia Business
- Selected for inclusion in Best Lawyers in America, Trusts & Estates
Admissions to Practice
- Washington, D.C.
- North Carolina