Katherine E. Ramsey
KATHERINE E. RAMSEY assists clients with their estate planning and administration needs, including the formation of family business entities and other sophisticated gift, estate, and generation-skipping transfer tax techniques of interest to high-net-worth individuals and their families. Her experience also includes advising fiduciaries in the proper administration of trusts and estates and providing subject matter expertise to other attorneys in fiduciary litigation and will contests.
“Before my legal career, I worked in the private business, non-profit, and government sectors, both large and small. I frequently draw on this broad, ‘real world’ experience to understand my clients’ needs and to help them better achieve their goals in an efficient, sensible manner.”
- American College of Trusts and Estates Counsel (ACTEC), Fellow
- Estate Planning Council of Richmond, Member
- Trust Administrators Council of Richmond, Member
- Virginia Bar Association’s Legislative Committee, Member
- Virginia Bar Association’s Section on Wills, Trusts and Estates, Past Chair
- Virginia Gift Planning Council, Past Director
Prior work experience
- Hunton & Williams LLP, Partner
- Mezzullo & Guare, PLC, Associate
- Mezzullo & McCandlish LLP, Associate
Education and recognition
- University of Virginia School of Law, J.D.
- Boston University Management College, M.S.
- Virginia Tech, B.S.
- Selected for inclusion in “Best Lawyers in America,” Trusts & Estates
- Named to “Legal Elite” (Taxes, Estates and Trusts), Virginia Business
- Selected for inclusion as a “Super Lawyer,” Estate Planning & Probate Law, Virginia Super Lawyers
Beyond the job
“I love visiting France as often as possible. I love cats but am down to one 14-year-old tabby now. I started following English soccer (Premier League) over 10 years ago and became an ardent Liverpool supporter.”