Leah E. Henschen
Director of Estate Administration & Of Counsel
LEAH HENSCHEN has more than 20 years of estate planning and administration experience, both in private practice and at several large banks. She has guided countless families through a difficult time following the death of their loved one, assisting them with navigating the complexities of the probate and tax aspects of estate settlement. Leah currently oversees the firm’s Estate Administration Group.
“We work with clients during what is often an incredibly difficult and emotional time. Our goal is to relieve them of some of the burdens they carry and ease them through this time, and I think we excel at that.”
- Virginia Bar Association’s Legislative Committee, Member
- Virginia Bar Association’s Section on Wills, Trust, & Estates, Member
- Capital Region Land Conservancy, Past Board Member and Governance Committee Chair
Prior work experience
- U.S. Air Force Reserve (present), Assistant Staff Judge Advocate
- GuideOn Legal Services, PLLC, Principal and Attorney-at-Law
- Truist Bank, First Vice President
- Bank of America, Vice President
- JPMorgan Private Bank, Associate
Education and recognition
- University of Richmond School of Law, J.D., magna cum laude
- University of Maryland, B.S.
Beyond the job
Leah is married with two young children and is an active member of the community. She became a member of the U.S. Air Force Reserve in 2017, fulfilling a lifelong dream of being able to use her talents to serve her country. She currently serves part-time as a JAG Officer. Additionally, Leah is involved with and has served on the board of the Capital Region Land Conservancy, a nonprofit land trust dedicated to preserving land and open spaces in Richmond and Central Virginia, and she loves getting out on the land and rivers that make up this beautiful part of the Commonwealth.