Sarah E. Brownlow
SARAH E. BROWNLOW focuses her practice on advising individuals, families, and fiduciaries on all aspects of estate planning and estate and trust administration. She develops tax-efficient estate and trust strategies for clients in Virginia, New York, and abroad. Sarah also assists entrepreneurs in formulating effective business succession plans to eliminate ambiguity and minimize tax liability and counsels clients on charitable giving techniques that minimize tax liability while making a powerful philanthropic impact.
“The family’s objectives are my No. 1 priority in planning for the future, and I enjoy working with clients to find creative solutions to accomplish their goals.”
- Estate Planning Council of Richmond, Member
- Monroe County, NY Bar Association, Estates and Trusts Law section, Past Vice Chair
- Trust Administrators Council of Richmond, Member
- Virginia Bar Association’s Section on Wills, Trusts & Estates, Member
- ChildSavers, Endowment Fund Trustee
Prior work experience
- Nixon Peabody LLP (Rochester, NY), Associate
- Stroock, Stroock & Lavan LLP (New York, NY), Associate
- Willkie, Farr & Gallagher LLP (New York, NY), Associate
Education and recognition
- Vanderbilt University Law School, J.D.
- The College of William & Mary, B.B.A.
- Selected for inclusion as a “Super Lawyer,” Estate Planning & Probate Law, Virginia Super Lawyers
- Selected for Inclusion in Best Lawyers in America, Trust and Estates
Admissions to Practice
- New York
Beyond the job
Sarah’s free time is spent renovating her family’s 112-year old house and trying to keep pace with her energetic and joyful young daughters, her husband, and rescue pup named Cooper. She dreams about someday again having the free time to pursue her hobbies such as golf, travel, music and musical theater, and skiing.